Sat, 01 Jan|
New Years Day Charity Dip
Fancy taking a dip for charity this year. All monies go to ManHealth
Time & Location
01 Jan 2022, 10:00
Redcar, Majuba Rd, Redcar TS10, UK
About the Event
We are putting this event together to raise money and awareness for ManHealth a charity. ManHealth is a Community Interest Company who aim to create a network of male peer support groups across County Durham and the United Kingdom for men who are struggling with their mental health. The groups are open to men affected by mental ill health to share friendship and support over a common condition. All ManHealth groups are ran by men with a lived experience of mental ill health. The groups are designed to provide an opportunity to meet new friends, helping to end the social stigma, and loneliness of mental health conditions. Based in Shildon near Newton Aycliffe we are proud to serve the whole of the North East. Whether you're in Newcastle, Sunderland, Durham, Middlesbrough, Darlington or the surrounding areas. We know that peer support offered by someone who has experience of mental ill health can make your journey less difficult
- Just over three out of four suicides (76%) are by men and suicide is the biggest cause of death for men under 35 (Reference: ONS)
- 12.5% of men in the UK are suffering from one of the common mental health disorders
- Men are nearly three times more likely than women to become alcohol dependent (8.7% of men are alcohol dependent compared to 3.3% of women (Health and Social Care Information Centre)
- Men are more likely to use (and die from) illegal drugs
- Men are less likely to access psychological therapies than women.
- Over three quarters of people who kill themselves are men (Reference: ONS).
- Men report significantly lower life satisfaction than women in the Government’s national well-being survey – with those aged 45 to 59 reporting the lowest levels of life satisfaction (Reference: ONS)
- 73% of adults who ‘go missing’ are men (Reference: University of York).
- 87% of rough sleepers are men (Reference: Crisis).
Charity Dip for ManHealth
This ticket will include THE DIP. We will also be taking part in a warm up, optional tug of war and handball - Tea and coffee will be provided afterwards£20.00+£0.50 service fee